You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement of only space bar of MacBook 12” 2015 version

I have MacBook 12” 2015 version which one is working well as well only my space bar is not working well. So can I change only space bar of it? How much does it cost in the UK?

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 2:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 2:31 PM

Hello, Mabin Ghale.

Whether or not only the space bar can be repaired depends on the nature of the problem. If certain under-key components are the problem then maybe an AASP can repair it. Otherwise a full keyboard replacement would be in order.

As for the cost, figure 2-3 hours of labor at whatever the local rate is, plus the cost of the keyboard replacement part (maybe £60-ish) and there's your cost. Only your local AASP can be more specific.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 11, 2021 2:31 PM in response to Mabin Ghale

Hello, Mabin Ghale.

Whether or not only the space bar can be repaired depends on the nature of the problem. If certain under-key components are the problem then maybe an AASP can repair it. Otherwise a full keyboard replacement would be in order.

As for the cost, figure 2-3 hours of labor at whatever the local rate is, plus the cost of the keyboard replacement part (maybe £60-ish) and there's your cost. Only your local AASP can be more specific.

Replacement of only space bar of MacBook 12” 2015 version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.