You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I stop screen image from rotating when I rotate my i phone X?

how do I stop image from rotating when I rotate my i phone x from vertical to horizontal?

iPhone X

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 4:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2021 4:47 PM

See the following from Rotate the screen on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support (but turn Orientation Lock on instead of off)

Rotate the screen on an iPhone without a Home button

1. Swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen to open Control Center.
  2. Tap the Portrait Orientation Lock button  to make sure that it's off.
  3. Turn your iPhone sideways.

If the screen still doesn't rotate, try a different app — like Safari or Messages — which are known to work in landscape mode.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 11, 2021 4:47 PM in response to How2getthis

See the following from Rotate the screen on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support (but turn Orientation Lock on instead of off)

Rotate the screen on an iPhone without a Home button

1. Swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen to open Control Center.
  2. Tap the Portrait Orientation Lock button  to make sure that it's off.
  3. Turn your iPhone sideways.

If the screen still doesn't rotate, try a different app — like Safari or Messages — which are known to work in landscape mode.

how do I stop screen image from rotating when I rotate my i phone X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.