You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari fails to log-in on all sites

Some days ago, after Apple ID password changing, Safari (MacBook Pro, 13'', 2017, macOS Big Sur, 11.4) started to refuse to log-in on all sites: Facebook, gmail, ... any site. It's impossible to log-in anywhere: I see box with account name/password (from Keychain), I can put both of them in requested fields, but then I press 'Sign In' button — and error message very time (errors from site side, not Safari system message). Even if I try to enter username/password manually — still the same situation.

Google Chrome and Opera still works fine on Mac.

Safari on iPhone works fine. I face this problem only with Mac.

Maybe there is a chance that anyone knows how to solve this? )

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 5:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 7:37 AM

Hi there Nakree,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having some difficulties signing into multiple websites while using Safari on your Mac and we'd be happy to help assist. First, we'd recommend trying to clear your browsing history and website data history in your Safari preferences and attempt to sign into these websites again. The articles below will provide you with some more information and help walk you through those steps of clearing this data.

Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac

Manage cookies and website data in Safari on Mac

If you continue to experience the same behavior after following the steps above, we'll want to have you boot your Mac into safe mode and see if this issue persists there as well. Booting into safe mode prevents certain login items from starting up with the software and could help isolate what may be causing this. The following article will give you some more information on safe mode and how to boot into it.

How to use safe mode on your Mac 

We hope this helps.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2021 7:37 AM in response to Nakree

Hi there Nakree,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having some difficulties signing into multiple websites while using Safari on your Mac and we'd be happy to help assist. First, we'd recommend trying to clear your browsing history and website data history in your Safari preferences and attempt to sign into these websites again. The articles below will provide you with some more information and help walk you through those steps of clearing this data.

Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac

Manage cookies and website data in Safari on Mac

If you continue to experience the same behavior after following the steps above, we'll want to have you boot your Mac into safe mode and see if this issue persists there as well. Booting into safe mode prevents certain login items from starting up with the software and could help isolate what may be causing this. The following article will give you some more information on safe mode and how to boot into it.

How to use safe mode on your Mac 

We hope this helps.

Jul 13, 2021 12:47 PM in response to Nakree

Thanks for getting back to us, Nakree.

Can you tell us what error you are getting when trying to sign into these websites? Is it an incorrect password error or some kind of connection error? Also, does this happen when trying to sign into a website while using a Private Window in Safari? The resource below provides some more information on performing a private search in Safari.

Use Private Browsing in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

We could also have you test to see if this also occurs in a new user account on your Mac. This will help isolate if this related to the systemwide software or something specific to your user account. The article below will walk you through the steps of setting up a new user account. Once the account is created, you can attempt to sign into these same websites and see if you notice the same behavior.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Take care.

Jul 14, 2021 10:16 AM in response to Nakree

Got it, Nakree.

Since this is only happening in your user account, there is likely something in there that is interfering with Safari. One thing we can have you check for is if you have any login items that may be blocking this connection. The following resource provides more information on where you can locate them and how to remove to test to see if this is the cause of the error messages.

Remove login items to resolve startup problems on your Mac

If you do not have any login items set up or the same issue persists, we'd suggest reaching out to Apple Support so they can look into this with you further. You can see your available support options using the link below.

Get Support

Take care.

Jul 14, 2021 12:59 AM in response to barberlives123

Hello again

Thank you for your involvement.

Step by step

1) Errors that I get (some of them):

• Your request could not be processed. There was a problem with this request. We are working to fix it as soon as possible.
  • An error has occurred. Try to reload the page.
  • etc.

2) Private Window

Still have the same problem

3) New user (I Created with Admin access)

Everything works perfectly: I can log in on any website

Safari fails to log-in on all sites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.