You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Mail app, Email disapears after clicking "Accept"

I got an email from a business partner. When I open the email within the Mail app on my Macbook, a small header comes up with the options to delcine, accept, and something else. I assumed it must have been some sort of invitation. After I clicked "accept", the email disapears! It's not in any of my folders, I also checkeched the calndar app, thinking that the event would have been added there, but nothing was there either. I have an IMAP setup, so I logged into my websever directly and the email is GONE. I still need the information that was within that email, BADLY. Can anyone tell me where the email goes and how to retrieve it? I'm so sure that Apple didn't just compleltely delete an email from existence just because I accepted an invite. That would make 0% sense.

*Mail app is not an option to choose from under topics, so I selected Big Sur.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 6:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 12:39 PM

I don’t use any other services. So I don’t know what the calendar issue is.

I left Apple some firm feedback about their stance on “deletion” as a passive action. Deletion of anything, should never be passive.

10 replies

Jul 12, 2021 10:06 AM in response to 6x6

Thanks for your response. I had previously checked other folders including trash and there was no sign of it.

After seeing your response, I checked again, and there it was in the trash. No new events have been added to my calendar, however.

I just took the issue a step further. From within the trash, I opened the email/invite, and clicked "accept" once more.

The email was again "deleted". This is definetly an issue.

But the real issues is the way that Apple handles this situation from the begining, which is automatically deleting the email to begin with.

The Mail client SHOULD just mark it as read, and add it to your calnendar. That's all.

Jul 12, 2021 12:26 PM in response to HenshinMijin

Indeed, this is the behavior anyone would expect.

I wonder now if those meeting invites are targeted to your other email accounts, e.g. Outlook or Gmail. These services may have their own rules as to how to add calendar events. I don't use any of those but the 1st thing I'd check, if you are using those services, is that their calendar is synched to iCloud.

Jul 12, 2021 12:57 PM in response to 6x6

I don’t know how to send a meeting invite. I don’t know what a meeting invite is or how it should work. I got an EMAIL from Amazon telling me about an upcoming Chime meeting. In any other email client (ie Thunderbird)besides Apple Mail, it’s just a typical email. But within Apple Mail, there is a little header popup, that reads “July meeting” with buttons for Maybe, No, and Yes. I click Yes, the email gets deleted. And nothing else happens.

Macbook Mail app, Email disapears after clicking "Accept"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.