You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overlapping events in iCalendar

Hello!

I have a question about overlapping events in calendar.

Sometimes, when one of the events is long, in iCalendar it covers up all other events, and I can't select them to see the information about them. Like on a figure below when I try to choose any of noon events, only 'meeting' event comes up.

Sometimes it works well. And I can choose any of the event by mouse to see additional info.

How do I fix this?

Thank you!

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 10:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 9:29 AM

Hello RedPandaBio,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are looking for some help managing overlapping events in iCal, to prevent them from blocking access to other entries. We definitely understand that can be a concern and we'd love to help. Let’s start by reviewing this article: Add, modify or delete events in Calendar on Mac.

If you have an all day event that is blocking the ones behind it, as you see with your 9am Meeting entry, try changing the event by clicking the All Day box in the info section for the event. This will make the event show only at the top of the day’s tab, rather than covering the full day.

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions about this issue, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 13, 2021 9:29 AM in response to RedPandaBio

Hello RedPandaBio,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are looking for some help managing overlapping events in iCal, to prevent them from blocking access to other entries. We definitely understand that can be a concern and we'd love to help. Let’s start by reviewing this article: Add, modify or delete events in Calendar on Mac.

If you have an all day event that is blocking the ones behind it, as you see with your 9am Meeting entry, try changing the event by clicking the All Day box in the info section for the event. This will make the event show only at the top of the day’s tab, rather than covering the full day.

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions about this issue, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

Overlapping events in iCalendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.