You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 mac mini 2020 need anitvirus?

Hello .

I got new m1 mini mac 2020 another weeks ago , I had malwarebytes on it. Also I was reading online and some people talk about m1 mac mini don't need anitvirus. I am not sure what are some people saying about nitvirus don't need or yes ( another different kind of anitvirus dont need for that. ) so I have my malwarebytes on my new m1 mac mini 2020.

Mac mini, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 13, 2021 11:48 AM

6 replies

Jul 13, 2021 12:53 PM in response to zer1057

Hello, zer1057.

I agree with @FoxFifth; your Mac Mini doesn't need an anti-virus app. If you keep your macOS software updated and practice good computer hygiene you should not need any add-on software for that. From this user's perspective they are more likely to cause problems than to solve or prevent them.

If you ever suspect a malware problem, you've already discovered Malwarebytes. That's a great tool to use against adware, and other malware you may accidentally install.

Effective defenses against malware - Community - galt

Protect you Mac from malware - Apple Support:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/protect-your-mac-from-malware-mh40596/mac

M1 mac mini 2020 need anitvirus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.