You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot stop a daily spam message. tried filter and block this contact

I cannot block a daily spam message from the same source. Have tried block this contact and filter messages but unsuccessful.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 7:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 7:32 PM

Hello Navigator24,

I assume you are blocking the contact correctly but incase not this Apple Support article has the steps. Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I am wondering if you are in a similar situation that I have been in. The sender was actually using fake phone numbers that were changing with each message. If so, you will want to seek resources at a higher level than the device you receive them on. Your phone carrier likely has tools to help mitigate this plus the FCC would likely be interested in learning about this as it may fall under some of the robocalling crackdowns we have seen recently.

If the number is not changing and you have in fact added them as a contact and blocked them you will likely want to contact Apple Support directly as this sounds like an issue with the functionality of iOS.

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 14, 2021 7:32 PM in response to Navigator24

Hello Navigator24,

I assume you are blocking the contact correctly but incase not this Apple Support article has the steps. Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I am wondering if you are in a similar situation that I have been in. The sender was actually using fake phone numbers that were changing with each message. If so, you will want to seek resources at a higher level than the device you receive them on. Your phone carrier likely has tools to help mitigate this plus the FCC would likely be interested in learning about this as it may fall under some of the robocalling crackdowns we have seen recently.

If the number is not changing and you have in fact added them as a contact and blocked them you will likely want to contact Apple Support directly as this sounds like an issue with the functionality of iOS.

I hope this helps.

Cannot stop a daily spam message. tried filter and block this contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.