You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomeKit lightbulb preset colours - sync across Apple devices?

I have an iPhone XS and iPad Pro running iOS/iPadOS 14.6. iCloud sync is enabled for HomeKit. 

I am using the HomeKit app to control a Nanoleaf lightbulb via Bluetooth on both devices. (Not the Nanoleaf branded app).

Although the name and room of the bulb syncs across both devices, I’ve noticed that the 6 preset colours that are available for the bulb in the HomeKit app do not sync across the two devices. I’m referring to the 6 coloured circles in the attached photo.

e.g, if I edit these colours on the phone, those changes aren’t reflected on the iPad.

Just to be clear - there us no problem with controlling the bulb and its colour from both devices. The issue is just with syncing the presets.

Are these 6 preset colours supposed to sync between devices?

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 1:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 11:01 AM

It does work. It just didn’t work at first.

In fact, the same 6 presets apply to ALL bulbs.

So if you edit a preset colour for one bulb, that same preset colour is available across all bulbs. (Which is actually a bit inconvenient because you may want different presets per bulb…but I suppose there’s ‘Scenes’ for that.)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 23, 2021 11:01 AM in response to oology

It does work. It just didn’t work at first.

In fact, the same 6 presets apply to ALL bulbs.

So if you edit a preset colour for one bulb, that same preset colour is available across all bulbs. (Which is actually a bit inconvenient because you may want different presets per bulb…but I suppose there’s ‘Scenes’ for that.)

Jul 18, 2021 8:10 AM in response to oology

Update - talked to Apple Support, who implied that the presets are supposed to sync between devices, but it wasn't completely clear if they understood the issue I described.

Their only suggestions were 'reset all settings' and 'talk to NanoLeaf'.

I'm still curious if other people are able to sync these 6 presets between devices without problems?

HomeKit lightbulb preset colours - sync across Apple devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.