You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Family Sharing with an Individual Apple One account?

I currently have a Family Plan on Apple Music which is assigned to a “parent” Apple ID. I was basically sharing it with my daughter. Because we didn’t want to share the same music (God no!) we had two other Apple IDs (one for me and one for her) as members under that plan. Think of them as sub accounts or members of that parent/family account.

She’s now on her own and has her own individual music account. So I no longer need a Family Plan. I want to switch that parent account to an Individual account. Here’s the problem. All the music I’ve added to my library and/or downloaded is to the sub account Apple ID. However the parent account was used to purchase movies and tv shows. Obviously I don’t want to lose the movies or all my music downloads, but they are on two different accounts.

I was thinking I could change the parent account to an Individual account. And through Family Sharing, still be able to have my old sub account, retaining all my music. So my question is, can you Family Share an Individual Apple Music account across two Apple IDs??

Or is there some solution to consolidate everything to a single account?

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 6:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 8:21 PM

So my question is, can you Family Share an Individual Apple Music account across two Apple IDs??

No, in order to share with another Apple ID you need a family level plan. It doesn't have to be Apple One as you initially mentioned.

Click on this link to read how to 'Get an Apple Music Family subscription" --> https://support.apple.com/HT205595

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 15, 2021 8:21 PM in response to Fronzie

So my question is, can you Family Share an Individual Apple Music account across two Apple IDs??

No, in order to share with another Apple ID you need a family level plan. It doesn't have to be Apple One as you initially mentioned.

Click on this link to read how to 'Get an Apple Music Family subscription" --> https://support.apple.com/HT205595

Can I use Family Sharing with an Individual Apple One account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.