You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

You can't open the "Bluetooth" preferences pane because it is not available to you at this time.

I am having issues with my MacBook Pro (Mid-2015) model running macOS Big Sur. I am unable to connect any of my Bluetooth devices and keep getting the following error.

"You can't open the "Bluetooth" preferences pane because it is not available to you at this time."

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 10:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 4:36 PM

Howdy amgould1,

It looks like you're having a problem with Bluetooth on your MacBook Pro, and we understand wanting to figure out what could be causing this.

Let's go ahead and try an SMC reset to see if this clears up the message you're seeing and able to connect bluetooth devices. If you need assistance with this, take a look at the following resource:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

If you see that this doesn't help with what you're experiencing, run Apple Diagnostics on your Mac to see if any information is returned that could be related to the message you're seeing. For help with that, check out the steps here:

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 16, 2021 4:36 PM in response to amgould1

Howdy amgould1,

It looks like you're having a problem with Bluetooth on your MacBook Pro, and we understand wanting to figure out what could be causing this.

Let's go ahead and try an SMC reset to see if this clears up the message you're seeing and able to connect bluetooth devices. If you need assistance with this, take a look at the following resource:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

If you see that this doesn't help with what you're experiencing, run Apple Diagnostics on your Mac to see if any information is returned that could be related to the message you're seeing. For help with that, check out the steps here:

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers!

You can't open the "Bluetooth" preferences pane because it is not available to you at this time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.