You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Sync

Hey Everyone, I am hoping someone can help? I have itunes on a desktop, I am now trying to sync the itunes account on a new laptop. Some of the music has come over but not all of it. When I try and sync and check the box under preferences for icloud music library, it comes with an error message saying " Genius results can not be updated right now. An unknown error occured (4018). Can anyone help me with this and guide me how to get around this? I heavily rely on Itunes for my work so this is a real pain for me. Thanks in advance.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 10:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 4:35 PM

Hi LuluCat1979,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. You can count on us to do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that you are experiencing issues syncing some of your songs from your computer. The articles below may help.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 16, 2021 4:35 PM in response to LuluCat1979

Hi LuluCat1979,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. You can count on us to do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that you are experiencing issues syncing some of your songs from your computer. The articles below may help.

Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Take care!

Jul 16, 2021 6:29 PM in response to kamote0628

Thanks but this has not helped me. I am trying to sync a laptop to my itunes account on a desktop. I do not need to sync it with an iphone, ipad or ipod. I have the latest version of ios, i have subscribed to itunes match and I have signed in to both devices using the same apple id. I am still getting the same error messaged therefore my problem is not solved.

Unable to Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.