You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant add HP DeskJet 2655 to my macbook pro - printer status unknown

HP DeskJet 2655 wirelessly or USB connected stopped printing. I deleted it and when trying to add HP DeskJet 2655 to my macbook pro I am getting error can't find the printer or printer status unknown.

I have tried troubleshooting with HP site and apple without success as to why this is happening

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 1:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 4:18 PM

The HP DeskJet 2655 All-in-One Printer is a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology (About AirPrint - Apple Support). If the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router), you do not have to install drivers.

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

If necessary, reset the printing system and re-add the DeskJet 2655 as an AirPrint printer.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

You may also want to try this: Power off the router, the printer, the computer, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power

on the computer. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 16, 2021 4:18 PM in response to TLB60

The HP DeskJet 2655 All-in-One Printer is a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology (About AirPrint - Apple Support). If the printer and the computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router), you do not have to install drivers.

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

If necessary, reset the printing system and re-add the DeskJet 2655 as an AirPrint printer.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

You may also want to try this: Power off the router, the printer, the computer, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power

on the computer. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Cant add HP DeskJet 2655 to my macbook pro - printer status unknown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.