You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Energy saver" option gone from System Preference

does anyone else has their "energy saver" option gone from their system preference?

I use Macbook pro 16 with mac OS Big Sur 11.4, my screen goes to sleep every couple minutes when it's charging and every few seconds when it's not on charge. I wanted to change the setting and the only way that you could do is from energy saver option right? so mine does have that option in the system preference at all, is there any other options to change that if the energy saver option is gone?

thanks in advance for your help :)

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 5:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 12:42 AM

Have you tried starting your mac up in Safe Mode,when restarting in Safe Mode the mac runs disk repairs and clears out some caches.How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Safe Mode takes a long time to start up about 10 minutes, so be patient.When in Safe Mode run a few tasks, then reboot normally.Open System Preferences> Battery and see if the padlock has returned to the bottom of the panel.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 17, 2021 12:42 AM in response to Sakhi_Hussaini

Have you tried starting your mac up in Safe Mode,when restarting in Safe Mode the mac runs disk repairs and clears out some caches.How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Safe Mode takes a long time to start up about 10 minutes, so be patient.When in Safe Mode run a few tasks, then reboot normally.Open System Preferences> Battery and see if the padlock has returned to the bottom of the panel.

"Energy saver" option gone from System Preference

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.