You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music not playing on Apple TV 4K

I have an Apple one subscription, which is for the whole family. I can play any music on my iPhone and iPad, but Apple Music won’t work on my Apple TV 4K. It will only play music that is already in my library. When I click on any song or album to play, nothing happens.

I have tried updating Apple TV, but it’s up to date.

I have tried resetting Apple TV and my router.

I have tried everything read in previous posts. When I click on a song, nothing happens, but radio stations work fine and so do songs in my library. Also if I play songs from my phone through Airplay it’s ok, but just not if I try to play songs or albums from the Apple TV app.

Apple TV 4K, 14

Posted on Jul 17, 2021 10:24 AM

3 replies

Jul 18, 2021 11:10 AM in response to martinguy25

Hi martinguy25,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We're glad you've contacted us for help playing Apple Music on your Apple TV. Let's get to the bottom of it together.

To start, let us know if you're able to search for songs and play them from within the Music app on your Apple TV following the instructions in this guide in the section titled, "Search Apple Music":

Search: Find music on Apple TV - Apple Support

If you're unable to search for music and play the results, let us know exactly what happens when you attempt to do so. Do you see any error messages?

Have a great day!

Apple Music not playing on Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.