You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro Big Sur battery drain while sleep

Hello there, yesterday i ended up my job at 16:30, turned off wifi, bluetooth all apps, unplugged and disconnected macbook. In the morning i am having 30% battery, the battery report says nothing, it just drained 70% od my macbook battery without any app, wifi or bluetooth turned on.

This have serious impact on my devices batterry, so i want apple to fix it, not damage my device with some buggy updates.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 11:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 3:57 AM

Try resetting SMC if you have not already.

Reset  SMC:   How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support   Choose the appropriate method.

Quote:

Resetting the system management controller (SMC) can resolve certain issues related to power, battery, fans, and other features.

4 replies

Jul 23, 2021 1:32 AM in response to dominic23

I spent some time looking for answers, and i found this:

I managed to solve the issue by typing 'sudo pmset -a disablesleep 0' in the Terminal.

I am not sure if a restart will cause the configuration to reset, but it is working so far.

I hope that will fix the issue, i just got new battery, and this is absurd, apple gonna damage/drain the brand new battery...

Macbook pro Big Sur battery drain while sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.