You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Chip Performing Slow

I recently got the new MacBook Pro with the M1 chip and at first, it was doing great with video playback. I felt like everything started to slow down though. Then, adobe premiere pro announced that they run natively with the M1 chip. So I expected things to speed up, but no. When I try to render 4k 120p 10 bit 4:2:2 footage it can't handle it. I've seen a youtube video where 8k footage is being played back perfectly fine. Is there something I'm doing that's slowing down the computer? When I edit I have all the data go into my LaCie external hard drive with 6Tb, can that potentially slow things down?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 10:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 11:10 PM

AustySimp377 Said:

"M1 Chip Performing Slow: [...] adobe premiere pro announced that they run natively with the M1 chip. [...]Is there something I'm doing that's slowing down the computer?[...]"

-------

I. Ask on Adobe's Forums:

Adobe may be whom to ask, as to whether or not their software has any bug in it that may be affecting your Mac. Ask here: Premiere Pro in Adobe Support Community - Adobe

II. Run Fist Aid in Safe Mode:

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode [Hold Down: Command + R] upon boot
  2. Select: Disk Utility.
  3. Select: the volume name (on the left).
  4. Click: First Aid button (top-right)

III. Clear Space:

If your internal storage is taken up, then it will be slow. So, remove large files (i.e. Virtual Machines and Movies)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 21, 2021 11:10 PM in response to AustySimp377

AustySimp377 Said:

"M1 Chip Performing Slow: [...] adobe premiere pro announced that they run natively with the M1 chip. [...]Is there something I'm doing that's slowing down the computer?[...]"

-------

I. Ask on Adobe's Forums:

Adobe may be whom to ask, as to whether or not their software has any bug in it that may be affecting your Mac. Ask here: Premiere Pro in Adobe Support Community - Adobe

II. Run Fist Aid in Safe Mode:

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode [Hold Down: Command + R] upon boot
  2. Select: Disk Utility.
  3. Select: the volume name (on the left).
  4. Click: First Aid button (top-right)

III. Clear Space:

If your internal storage is taken up, then it will be slow. So, remove large files (i.e. Virtual Machines and Movies)

M1 Chip Performing Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.