You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t Add Music to my Playlists or Library

I have an iPhone XR. When I try to add a song to my playlist, I click “add to playlist” and nothing happens. I’ve tried restarting my phone and it doesn’t change anything. I can delete songs from my playlist and library but can’t add anything.

How can I fix this?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 11:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 6:03 AM

Hi —PointeShoes—,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you're having issues with not being able to add a song to your playlist and we're happy to help! If you haven't done so already follow the steps below and check to see if the problem is still there after each one: 

1. Check that you have enough iPhone Storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
  2. Restart your iPhone
  3. Force restart iPhone
  4. Back up iPhone and Update iOS on iPhone 
  5. Turn off and then Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music
  6. Go to Settings > [your name] > Media & Purchases > Sign Out, then tap Media & Purchases again and tap Continue or Sign In.
  7. Delete Apple Music app and redownload Apple Music app again:

We hope this helps.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 23, 2021 6:03 AM in response to —PointeShoes—

Hi —PointeShoes—,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that you're having issues with not being able to add a song to your playlist and we're happy to help! If you haven't done so already follow the steps below and check to see if the problem is still there after each one: 

1. Check that you have enough iPhone Storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
  2. Restart your iPhone
  3. Force restart iPhone
  4. Back up iPhone and Update iOS on iPhone 
  5. Turn off and then Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music
  6. Go to Settings > [your name] > Media & Purchases > Sign Out, then tap Media & Purchases again and tap Continue or Sign In.
  7. Delete Apple Music app and redownload Apple Music app again:

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Can’t Add Music to my Playlists or Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.