You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My *New* Mac mini does not respond to keyboard.

Mi Mac mini, recién comprado no responde al teclado. Está congelado exactamente en el login donde me pregunta por la contraseña. No puedo hacer nada, tal parece. No puede usar comandos como "comandante R" ¿Qué puedo hacer?

My Mac mini, brand new, does not respond to the keyboard. I am stuck at the long in, unable to enter my password, although I can see that the Mouse is working, the Comand R won't work in this case, what could I do?

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 6:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 9:14 AM

Hi Juan Sarmiento1, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that your Mac mini is not responding to keyboard presses.

Have you had the chance to make sure that your keyboard is connected or paired correctly?

Are you experiencing a similar issue when using a different keyboard?

The article below may help. Connect accessories to your Mac mini

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2021 9:14 AM in response to Juan Sarmiento1

Hi Juan Sarmiento1, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that your Mac mini is not responding to keyboard presses.

Have you had the chance to make sure that your keyboard is connected or paired correctly?

Are you experiencing a similar issue when using a different keyboard?

The article below may help. Connect accessories to your Mac mini

Take care!

Jul 24, 2021 9:40 AM in response to kamote0628

Ok. The Mac started fine out of the box, then after just a few hours of use, I restarted it and got to the logging screen and I could no longer use the keyboard. Nothing appeared in the entry field when I typed. The keyboard had been paired before, but I USB-connected it to the computer, anyway, to no effect. Then I brought another keyboard, but I thought the pairing process did not appear to occur (I followed the manufacturer's instructions). Then USB-connected this new keyboard, but there was no change. Then the mouse pointer, which I could see move throughout this whole process, ceased to move too. I decide to return the computer, which was only a few hours old. Without the capacity to enter key combinations, I had no options. Good thing because Apple was quite accomodating. I would have liked to see how to resolve the issue, but in the end, it seemed not worth it.

Thanks for the reply though.

My *New* Mac mini does not respond to keyboard.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.