You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Scale and Move multiple items issue

I'm trying to scale (enlarge) and move multiple objects on my slide. Individually, Keynote shows a transparent image of the object so I can see it and place it where I want after the animation is complete. However, when I add an animation to another object, i cannot see where the previous object ends-up after its enlargement. Is there a way to see where all objects will finalize after an animation in order to properly place them on the page?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 10:02 AM

There isn't a dedicated tool in Keynote to do this, my work around is to place a grey coloured shape in the position and the size where the final position will be of the object being animated

Then I position and size the move effect "ghost image" directly on top of the grey shape

Once this is done, delete the duplicate shapes.

Positioning is pixel accurate if you have the alignment guides turned on in Keynote Preferences, Rulers

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 24, 2021 10:02 AM in response to imgaryshap

There isn't a dedicated tool in Keynote to do this, my work around is to place a grey coloured shape in the position and the size where the final position will be of the object being animated

Then I position and size the move effect "ghost image" directly on top of the grey shape

Once this is done, delete the duplicate shapes.

Positioning is pixel accurate if you have the alignment guides turned on in Keynote Preferences, Rulers

Keynote Scale and Move multiple items issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.