You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot delete a non-existing app

I am on my Macintosh HD, Manage Storage, Application.

I deleted the games Team Fortress 2 and Getting Over It a long time ago, but the system is still showing me that they are taking up 21.5GB and1.23GB.

It says they are never opened, and no icon but just a blank page icon.

I tried to delete it by right click->delete, but the delete option is grayed out.

I tried to delete by using the bottom right button "Delete...", didn't work.

I also tried to locate the folder/app through "Show in Finder", but they are nowhere to be seen...

Please Help!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 6:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 7:41 PM

Look at the Path Bar at the bottom of the listing window. It appears that Team Fortress is buried in the (User)/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common folder.

The (User)/Library folder is normally hidden, but you can get to it by clicking Finder > Go menu, and then, pressing the Option key, you'll see Library folder appear as a selection. Click it and navigate into the appropriate folder to delete that app.

Maybe you'll need a password, but I don't think so.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 23, 2021 7:41 PM in response to Laura975

Look at the Path Bar at the bottom of the listing window. It appears that Team Fortress is buried in the (User)/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common folder.

The (User)/Library folder is normally hidden, but you can get to it by clicking Finder > Go menu, and then, pressing the Option key, you'll see Library folder appear as a selection. Click it and navigate into the appropriate folder to delete that app.

Maybe you'll need a password, but I don't think so.

I cannot delete a non-existing app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.