You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted apps still in Updates list in Store

I have deleted bunch of apps that I don't really use anymore.

However the app store still shows them in the Updates Section.

Example RAR Extractor and Expander and LibreOffice Vanilla.

Tried to re-download them from the store but they are shown as if they are there and just ask me to Update them.

I also tried to update them, but it constantly requires me to to log in with my account in iTunes, in which I am already ! That's crazy annoying.

Thank you for the help

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 3:24 AM

6 replies

Jul 25, 2021 9:57 AM in response to Little_Baboon

As I said before: you can hide applications you have purchased.

I was not at my mac so I was unsure of the exact way to do it, so here it is - extremely simple, too:

Select your account at the bottom left to see your purchases.

Hover your mouse pointer near the download (or open, depending on whether it is installed) button of an application you want to hide a new button appears:

This is actually a menu, and the first entry is "Hide Purchase":

Jul 24, 2021 4:00 AM in response to Little_Baboon

Firstly and maybe mean something else - but iTunes does not exist in Big Sur - it was split back in Catalina into TV, Podcasts and Music.

The Apple Apps Store has to logged into with your Apple ID and Password. Once logged in you should not be asked again unless you choose to Log Out to the Apple Apps Store.

An aside from your specific issue - your profile is showing Big Sur 11.0 and is badly out dated. The current version is 11.5 and fixes bugs and security issues. It should be installed asap. Just be sure to make a Time Machine Backup before updating.

Jul 24, 2021 6:05 AM in response to Little_Baboon

Are they really deleted? One annoyance regarding the App Store update system is that it will update an app anywhere it can find it. So if you have some old copy of the app, in some archive folder, or on an external drive, that is still considered “installed”.

More importantly, if you are saving old copies in case something breaks, or if the developer decides to start charging for a previously free app, the App Store update mechanism is very happy to update your old, archived version.

If an app exists anywhere that it is visible, then it is installed.

Jul 24, 2021 10:17 AM in response to PRP_53

Thank you for the reply.

iTunes Store is well and alive in the Music app - that's is what I meant and where I'm logged in.

Apart from that, yes I'm logged in in the Apple Aps store with my apple ID and still I have these in the Updates section.

Thank you also for the updating and backup tip. Will do that Immediately and will write back here to let you guys know if this would do the trick.

Deleted apps still in Updates list in Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.