You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to upgrade my relatively new (1 yr old) iMac to Big Sur. The program says I have insufficient space. When I look at the Storage section of my System Information, it says there is 260 GB being allocated to Other .

I am unable to upgrade my relatively new (1 yr old) iMac to Big Sur. The program says I have insufficient space. When I look at the Storage section of my System Information, it says there is 260 GB being allocated to Other . Not apps, system, photos, documents. I do not know what Other is. This is not occurring on my older computer that this one replaces. How can I find out what Other is that is using up so much storage?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 4:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Similar questions

1 reply

I am unable to upgrade my relatively new (1 yr old) iMac to Big Sur. The program says I have insufficient space. When I look at the Storage section of my System Information, it says there is 260 GB being allocated to Other .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.