You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suspicious text

I have not requested my Apple ID code.

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 5:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 12:01 AM

No device attempted to access your iCloud. Somebody identifying himself as 50472 sent you an official-looking message in the hope that you would click on that 6-digit number link and provide confirmation that your phone number is alive, healthy and has an iPhone living there.

If you want, you can tap on "50472 >" and then tap on the circle-i button to see what identifier originated that message. Most likely you will find that 50472 is a gobbledygook email address in a corner of the world you don't want anything to do with. As long as you delete the message without clicking on the 6-digit number link, you have nothing to fear.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 25, 2021 12:01 AM in response to Jeremy_R1

No device attempted to access your iCloud. Somebody identifying himself as 50472 sent you an official-looking message in the hope that you would click on that 6-digit number link and provide confirmation that your phone number is alive, healthy and has an iPhone living there.

If you want, you can tap on "50472 >" and then tap on the circle-i button to see what identifier originated that message. Most likely you will find that 50472 is a gobbledygook email address in a corner of the world you don't want anything to do with. As long as you delete the message without clicking on the 6-digit number link, you have nothing to fear.

Suspicious text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.