You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound when connecting Iphone/ipad to a monitor through HDMI

I connected my devices to an external monitor through HDMI adapter. There is no sound when i play a video. I tried to connect a headphone to the ipad/iphone, in addition I tried to connect Bluetooth headphone to the iPhone/iPad, but still i have the same issue “NO SOUND “.

Note: the monitor has no output port for audio.

any help ????

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 10:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 10:47 AM

Hello qais197.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're experiencing issues with no sound when connecting your devices to an HDMI adapter. We can understand how this would be an issue. Allow us to investigate this issue and assist in any way we can.

First, we would need to isolate if it's the HDMI cable, TV or devices. If you attempt to use a different TV, or HDMI cable, does this specific issue continue to occur? While you have your device connected, open your Control Center and confirm that audio is coming out in the correct path:

Use and customize Control Center on iPhone - Apple Support

Use AirPlay to stream audio - Apple Support

You'll see the AirPlay audio option listed under "Stream audio from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch".

Feel free to keep us updated on your results. Best of luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2021 10:47 AM in response to qais197

Hello qais197.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're experiencing issues with no sound when connecting your devices to an HDMI adapter. We can understand how this would be an issue. Allow us to investigate this issue and assist in any way we can.

First, we would need to isolate if it's the HDMI cable, TV or devices. If you attempt to use a different TV, or HDMI cable, does this specific issue continue to occur? While you have your device connected, open your Control Center and confirm that audio is coming out in the correct path:

Use and customize Control Center on iPhone - Apple Support

Use AirPlay to stream audio - Apple Support

You'll see the AirPlay audio option listed under "Stream audio from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch".

Feel free to keep us updated on your results. Best of luck.

No sound when connecting Iphone/ipad to a monitor through HDMI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.