You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bookmarks/Reading List/History bar

How do I get rid of the Bookmarks/Reading List/History bar? I am not able to find a toolbar to use, and when I click on the book icon, nothing happens.

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 8:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 9:08 AM

I’m not sure which Apple product you’re using Safari on.

On iPadOS (the highlighted icon is similar on iPhone, but works a little differently) the following shows or hides the bookmarks:

If that’s not toggling the view, try force-quitting and restarting Safari >

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

With Safari on macOS, the following instructions show how to show or hide the bookmarks >

Bookmark webpages that you want to revisit in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

If you’re in Safari on macOS and using Safari in full-screen mode, best keep the pointer away from the left margin.

If Safari is confused, try quitting and restarting Safari, and see if that clears this.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2021 9:08 AM in response to Caroleesther

I’m not sure which Apple product you’re using Safari on.

On iPadOS (the highlighted icon is similar on iPhone, but works a little differently) the following shows or hides the bookmarks:

If that’s not toggling the view, try force-quitting and restarting Safari >

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

With Safari on macOS, the following instructions show how to show or hide the bookmarks >

Bookmark webpages that you want to revisit in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

If you’re in Safari on macOS and using Safari in full-screen mode, best keep the pointer away from the left margin.

If Safari is confused, try quitting and restarting Safari, and see if that clears this.

Bookmarks/Reading List/History bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.