You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone XR ios 14.7 wifi will not work

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 4:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 5:03 PM

Have you tried each of these troubleshooting steps:

• Checked to see if it is all Wi-Fi networks or just your Home network?
  • Tried restarting your router by removing all power from it for 15 seconds or so?
  • Gone to Settings/General/Reset - Reset Network Settings?

And what do you mean by Will Not Work? What is the symptom: An error message? A wrong password message? Wi-Fi switch won’t turn on?

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2021 5:03 PM in response to rd-adairsville

Have you tried each of these troubleshooting steps:

• Checked to see if it is all Wi-Fi networks or just your Home network?
  • Tried restarting your router by removing all power from it for 15 seconds or so?
  • Gone to Settings/General/Reset - Reset Network Settings?

And what do you mean by Will Not Work? What is the symptom: An error message? A wrong password message? Wi-Fi switch won’t turn on?

Aug 1, 2021 8:15 AM in response to walt_12e3

walt_12e3 wrote:

I’m have having issues with my iPhone XR, the wifi keeps dropping and saying incorrect password. I know the wifi is correct and i have tried all of the above, but nothing is happening. its staying the same and won’t connect for very long, Even tho everyone else is connected to the wifi

As I’m not sure what “all of the above” is:

• Does it connect to other Wi-Fi networks successfully (e.g., Starbucks, MacDonalds, local library, etc)
  • Have you rebooted your router?
  • Have you reset network settings?
  • Have you turned off Private Address in the settings for the router?
  • Does it only disconnect when the phone goes to sleep (this would be normal), or at other times when you are actively using the phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.