You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos won't finish updating

Yesterday my photo library was stuck on Uploading, even though I wasn't trying to upload any photos. After trying a bunch of different fixes and then updating to Big Sur 11.5.1, I'm now stuck on "Updating..."

with no percentage indicated. In addition to this uploading/updating situation, my library has all my photos, but if I go to My Albums-All Photos, it only has one item in it.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 6:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 10:49 PM

Hi - how large is your library?

In trying your bunch of different fixes, you have probably triggered a full resync of your library. This can take some time. Days, or even weeks for a large library. Some of that time the progress indication won't update for many hours, or even a day or two.

For reference my small 50GB 5000 image library took 48 hours full time.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 26, 2021 10:49 PM in response to Ecopixie

Hi - how large is your library?

In trying your bunch of different fixes, you have probably triggered a full resync of your library. This can take some time. Days, or even weeks for a large library. Some of that time the progress indication won't update for many hours, or even a day or two.

For reference my small 50GB 5000 image library took 48 hours full time.

Photos won't finish updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.