You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote control for iPad to watch YouTubeTV

I watch TV on my iPad in my offce, as I do not have a TV. The only downside is that I do not have a remote to change the channels on YouTube TV. Is there any device or app that will let me control the YouTubeTV app on my iPad from across a small room? Either a separate remote or app I could use from my iPhone?

iPad, iOS 8

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 1:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 2:06 AM

To the best of my knowledge - and whilst I would like nothing more than to be able to outline a solution - what you are attempting to achieve is simply not possible.

iOS/iPadOS does not support remote access to one device from another. You can, however, remote control an AppleTV - and use an iPhone or iPad to control the AppleTV that feeds an external monitor or TV. Sadly, given that you don’t have a TV, this isn’t going to help you.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 27, 2021 2:06 AM in response to JaimitoJames

To the best of my knowledge - and whilst I would like nothing more than to be able to outline a solution - what you are attempting to achieve is simply not possible.

iOS/iPadOS does not support remote access to one device from another. You can, however, remote control an AppleTV - and use an iPhone or iPad to control the AppleTV that feeds an external monitor or TV. Sadly, given that you don’t have a TV, this isn’t going to help you.

Remote control for iPad to watch YouTubeTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.