You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hello, years of photos from my library on the app on my Mac are unexpectedly and only showing back to 2019. Please help.missing

Hello, years of photos from my library on the app on my Mac are unexpectedly missing and only showing back to 2019. They were there last night. I didn't even close down my Macbook. I just put it to sleep.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 1:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 3:09 AM

Is your Mac syncing with iCloud Photos? If yes, did you delete photos on any other device? The deletion will sync with iCloud Photos.

Make sure, the Mac is still showing you your main Photos Library with all photos. You can see the path to the currently open library in the Photos > Preferences > General. Click the button "Show in Finder". Is Photos using the correct library?

Is the system version below your question still valid? macOS 10.13? If you have upgraded to a newer system version, you may want to check the "Showing only" filter. It should be set to "ll Items", or photos may be suppressed.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 28, 2021 3:09 AM in response to JDing2510

Is your Mac syncing with iCloud Photos? If yes, did you delete photos on any other device? The deletion will sync with iCloud Photos.

Make sure, the Mac is still showing you your main Photos Library with all photos. You can see the path to the currently open library in the Photos > Preferences > General. Click the button "Show in Finder". Is Photos using the correct library?

Is the system version below your question still valid? macOS 10.13? If you have upgraded to a newer system version, you may want to check the "Showing only" filter. It should be set to "ll Items", or photos may be suppressed.

Hello, years of photos from my library on the app on my Mac are unexpectedly and only showing back to 2019. Please help.missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.