You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i connect cinema display 1081 to 2013 macbook pro via HDMI?

Can I connect cinema display A1081 to 2013 MacBook pro via HDMI? I was using the display on my old 2014Mac mini-( nightmarishly slow)

I want to connect it to my MacBook pro- I have the HDMI Adapter from Mac mini and there is an HDMI Porton the laptop. Are they compatible? or do I have to shell out more dough for another Adapter for THUNDERBOLT?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 9:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 7:58 AM

Nothing at all? Do you not see your Mac's wallpaper?

Haver you gone into System Preferences->Displays->Arrangement? Does the monitor not appear there?

What resolution is set there? The monitor may not support the full resolution being output by the Mac.

4 replies

Jul 29, 2021 8:51 AM in response to antnysdaman

That Cinema Display provides a DVI interface, but at under 1920 wide is Single-Link DVI. It should be electrically transformable from HDMI, but you may be encountering "too many adapters".

You likely require a direct to DVI adapter, or an ACTIVE adapter (so called because it re-Drives the signals at the required higher levels of genuine DVI and HDMI, not lower levels of converted DisplayPort).

Can i connect cinema display 1081 to 2013 macbook pro via HDMI?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.