You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro M1 Battery maximum capacity is 96% in 35 cycle count.

I using my Macbook Pro M1 for 3 months. I use my mac plugged in maximum time. I don't do any heavy tasks too. Yesterday I noticed the maximum battery capacity is 96%. But some of my friends using their mac more than 5 months & their maximum capacity is still 100%. I am worried is there any problem with my mac or it's just a software issue. Can anyone tell me how to fix that?

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 7:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 9:35 AM

Hey fahimu10,

If we understand correctly, the Maximum Capacity on the MacBook Pro is going down at a different rate than another computer. We can help explain what maximum capacity is. While this article says iPhone battery, the maximum capacity information is the same.

"Maximum battery capacity measures the device battery capacity relative to when it was new. A battery will have lower capacity as the battery chemically ages which may result in fewer hours of usage between charges. Depending upon the length of time between when the iPhone was made and when it is activated, your battery capacity may show as slightly less than 100%."

iPhone Battery and Performance

You can run a diagnostic to troubleshoot any battery issues. You will also be notified in the menu bar if there is a battery issue.

Get help with your Mac notebook battery

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2021 9:35 AM in response to fahimu10

Hey fahimu10,

If we understand correctly, the Maximum Capacity on the MacBook Pro is going down at a different rate than another computer. We can help explain what maximum capacity is. While this article says iPhone battery, the maximum capacity information is the same.

"Maximum battery capacity measures the device battery capacity relative to when it was new. A battery will have lower capacity as the battery chemically ages which may result in fewer hours of usage between charges. Depending upon the length of time between when the iPhone was made and when it is activated, your battery capacity may show as slightly less than 100%."

iPhone Battery and Performance

You can run a diagnostic to troubleshoot any battery issues. You will also be notified in the menu bar if there is a battery issue.

Get help with your Mac notebook battery

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need additional assistance.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Jul 31, 2021 10:13 AM in response to fahimu10

fahimu10 wrote:

I using my Macbook Pro M1 for 3 months. I use my mac plugged in maximum time. I don't do any heavy tasks too. Yesterday I noticed the maximum battery capacity is 96%. But some of my friends using their mac more than 5 months & their maximum capacity is still 100%.

I am worried is there any problem with my mac or it's just a software issue. Can anyone tell me how to fix that?

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/7fe576a4-3ae2-4aed-a562-4e5d5d693ddf

Not all batteries are the same—you have to compare oranges to oranges in your example above

You still have an expected 1000 battery cycle count—

Determine battery cycle count for Mac notebooks

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201585

Condition says normal. Apple will not address a battery issue unless it falls below 80%.

If your "Condition" changes then contact AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

You have a one year warranty on your hardware, I would not fixate on the maximum capacity.

Macbook Pro M1 Battery maximum capacity is 96% in 35 cycle count.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.