You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop child turning off find my iPhone

My son keeps turning off his location in find my iPhone. I have set up all the content restrictions and also have set not to allow changes., this is password protected so he can not turn it off.

However if you go into the find my iPhone app you can still toggle to turn off the location which it does.

from My research it never mentions turning it off in the app. Any suggestions?

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 7:06 AM

1 reply

Aug 1, 2021 8:59 AM in response to Emmalo1977

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Emmalo1977,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Find My. You have come to the right place and we are happy to assist you.  If we understand correctly, you have a passcode on your childs device with Screen Time and he keeps turning location sharing off.   We can understand why you’d reach out for a solution. To start, is it possible that your child knows the passcode? Is location sharing locked? Also have you tried the steps outlined in this resource?

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If all the settings are setup correctly you may want to try changing the passcode, making it very secure.

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities.

Best regards.

How to stop child turning off find my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.