You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson ET-3760 quit printing after Big Sur 11.5

Installed new Epson ET-3760 printer 7/24 and print was working. Although I had read somewhere that Epson Scan 2 Software does not work w/Big Sur yet, I went to see for myself and discovered Big Sur 11.5 update ran the night before and basic print was no longer working. Uninstalled Epson & restarted, reinstalled Epson & restarted and still could not get basic print function back to working as it was before the update. Will re-install old WF-3640 this weekend to see it that too no longer works.

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 4:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 3:58 AM

Hi,

Anything of interest in the following article?

'You do not have permission to open the application' when using a scanner on Mac - Apple Support

Also, Canon has some details in https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART180175 .

Similar questions

10 replies

Jul 31, 2021 4:21 PM in response to AAPLyes

Have you restarted the printer? (Turn if off, unplug from wall, wait 30 seconds, plug in AC and restart)

When you say:

AAPLyes wrote:
Uninstalled Epson & restarted, reinstalled Epson & restarted

Do you mean you deleted the printer from the printers list in Apple Menu > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners, and then re-added it back to the list? If not, try that.

MtD

Aug 4, 2021 3:16 PM in response to Meg The Dog

I can print but not scan.

I get two failure responses. First is

You do not have permission to open the application "EPSON ES0203". Contact your administrator for assistance".

The second failure response is

Failed to open connection to the device (-21345)

I've searched for the "You do not have..." file on the computer. I can only assume it is hidden. The computer was fine before I upgraded to Big Sur.

Aug 30, 2021 7:09 PM in response to Michael Foley4

I get the same thing (You do not have permission... Failed to open...) with my Epson ET-3710. These errors occur when trying to open the scanner from the macOS Printer preference pane. I get the same behavior with the macOS AirPrint driver as well as the latest driver download from Epson. However, I am able to successfully scan using Epson's Scan 2, available as a download. It's a bit wonky to setup -- you have to add the scanner, but then it worked flawlessly. I have also successfully used VueScan with my ET-3710.

Epson ET-3760 quit printing after Big Sur 11.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.