You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Stolen

my ipad was stolen. Can someone erase it and use it without a passcode?

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 5:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 5:15 AM

Click on this link for general information about what to do "If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen" --> https://support.apple.com/HT201472

If you have Find My set on it they will have to have an Apple ID and your password to make it usable.

4 replies

Aug 1, 2021 7:14 AM in response to kaye143

You can set it to erase should it connect to the internet. The thieves would have to have your passcode to see any data and some things require you enter the passcode and or other information before getting to the other levels - kind a double lock just in case a thief grabs a phone while you are busy using it. If they try a passcode too many times then the device device will become disabled and then not even you can get into the iPhone without completely erasing it first. After that it will require your ID and password to make it usable again.

If you are not using Find My and/or you do not have a passcode set on your device, well it was the equivalent to not locking the doors of your house.

Ipad Stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.