You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio volume on my XR

The volume isn’t as loud as it used to be when playing music. It can’t be in my head so what do I need to do to increase it?

Posted on Aug 1, 2021 8:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 8:31 AM

Hi Sillisa,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We're glad you've reached out for help with the audio on your iPhone. We'd love to look into it with you and help in any way we can.

To ensure we understand correctly and are on the same page, let us know more about what's going on. Are you noticing that the sound is lowered in specific apps, or only in certain apps? For example, does it only happen when playing music in the Music app, or does it also occur when using the speaker in phone calls?

Does this occur when different wired or wireless headphones are connected?

Let us know if the information in this guide helps, or if you've got any questions:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2021 8:31 AM in response to Sillisa

Hi Sillisa,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We're glad you've reached out for help with the audio on your iPhone. We'd love to look into it with you and help in any way we can.

To ensure we understand correctly and are on the same page, let us know more about what's going on. Are you noticing that the sound is lowered in specific apps, or only in certain apps? For example, does it only happen when playing music in the Music app, or does it also occur when using the speaker in phone calls?

Does this occur when different wired or wireless headphones are connected?

Let us know if the information in this guide helps, or if you've got any questions:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Have a great day!

Aug 2, 2021 3:45 PM in response to jcasapple

Hi and thank you for responding. It was happening anytime I used the speakers. Music, speaker calls. I did some more research here at Apple and some other places and found some very helpful suggestions on how to clean my speakers. And some that sounded iffy.

I used a new clean soft bristled toothbrush to gently flick at the speakers, then I used a small rolled up piece of tape in a cone shape to insert gently and then I followed it up by using the brush again.

the volume is so much better! I feel like I have my new iPhone again. It really sounds great!

Thank you

sillycita

Audio volume on my XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.