You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No black space above my document in Pages

Hi,

In short, my question is why is there no black space above the particular page I'm working on in a document when I zoom out? Whatever I do the page sticks to the top of the document window as shown in the photo below. This is really annoying when it comes to editing a document layout as I can't see where the page ends and the black space begins.

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 4:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 6:37 AM

This is the way Pages is designed. There will be no gap at the top of the document between the document body and the ruler or toolbar. Pages will place a thin black gap between individual pages — unless you are zoomed to 200 percent (or larger) on a given landscape, or 150 percent, on a portrait page.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2021 6:37 AM in response to Someski

This is the way Pages is designed. There will be no gap at the top of the document between the document body and the ruler or toolbar. Pages will place a thin black gap between individual pages — unless you are zoomed to 200 percent (or larger) on a given landscape, or 150 percent, on a portrait page.

No black space above my document in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.