You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch reset

I just bought a watch second hand, and I don’t have their Apple ID info. There is an activation lock, but how do I reset it if I don’t have the previous owner’s Apple ID?

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 8:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 8:53 AM

You can't reset it;

The person that you bought this watch from needs to follow all the steps in this link;

Prepare the watch so the buyer can use it.

If they can't or won't then get your money back or recycle the watch and put it down to experience.

2 replies

Aug 4, 2021 8:55 AM in response to TeresaBrockel123

Hello:) If you cannot arrange for the previous owner to do this, then you should, if possible, return the watch for a refund.

You will not otherwise be able to use the watch. There is no way around this security feature.

Apple will not advise you of the previous owner's contact details, nor will Apple pass your details on to them.

More information:

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

~Katana-San~

Apple Watch reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.