You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email export to .pdf on mac

I'm exporting ~4,000 emails to .pdf on a MacBook Pro. I started the process last night and a modal appears on my laptop screen--more than 16 hours later--that reads "Generating content for PDF. . ."

First, how long should this process take--how can I tell if there's a hang up or it's still running?

Second, when I checked the folder where I directed the exported files to be saved, it appears that there are substantially fewer than 4,000 saved .pdf files, which is making me wonder if there's a limit on the number of emails that can be saved via this process?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 11:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 8:11 AM

stephenfromuniversity heights wrote:

I'm exporting ~4,000 emails to .pdf on a MacBook Pro. I started the process last night and a modal appears on my laptop screen--more than 16 hours later--that reads "Generating content for PDF. . ."

First, how long should this process take--how can I tell if there's a hang up or it's still running?

Second, when I checked the folder where I directed the exported files to be saved, it appears that there are substantially fewer than 4,000 saved .pdf files, which is making me wonder if there's a limit on the number of emails that can be saved via this process?

I would recommend breaking this up into much smaller batches and see how that goes.

Save emails as files or PDFs in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2021 8:11 AM in response to stephenfromuniversity heights

stephenfromuniversity heights wrote:

I would recommend breaking this up into much smaller batches and see how that goes.

Save emails as files or PDFs in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

email export to .pdf on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.