You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I TURN OFF the two factor verification that has found it's way into my system?

how can I TURN OFF the two factor verification that has found it's way into my system?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 1:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 2:19 PM

From the article below. If it has been on longer than 2 weeks, you can't turn it off. 

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, however, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication.       

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2021 2:19 PM in response to hbelliott

From the article below. If it has been on longer than 2 weeks, you can't turn it off. 

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

If you already use two-factor authentication, you can no longer turn it off. Certain features in the latest versions of iOS and macOS require this extra level of security, which is designed to protect your information. If you recently updated your account, however, you can unenroll for a period of two weeks. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication.       

Aug 9, 2021 9:45 AM in response to tjtrak

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Click here to send Feedback     

Aug 9, 2021 9:53 AM in response to tjtrak

tjtrak wrote:

To have to use the 6 digit code each time I connect on my iPhone to find their phone is horribly inefficient.

Then something is not right. You should only have to do it the first time and then trust the browser you are connecting from, unless you are doing something you are not supposed to be doing.

I use the iPhone to monitor employees while I am out in the field

Should not even need to log in to anything monitor if the phones are sharing their location to you. I'm not even entirely sure what you are doing.

Samsung, here I come for the whole business.

Threats don't work here. You want to go to Samsung, go. Threatening us serves no purpose as we have no vested interest in what devices you use. We volunteer our time here to help other users. If Samsung works better for you, then by all means. Do note, Google also has 2 Factor authentication and works somewhat similarly.

Perhaps you would like to understand how to use it, rather than issuing empty threats.

You should not need to log in anywhere, to track other phones that are sharing their location to you, as such 2 Factor authentication should never even come into play. If the other iPhones are using different Apple IDs but belong to the organization , then they should be managed.

See here: link-> Find friends and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

Aug 5, 2021 2:24 PM in response to hbelliott

There is no way for 2FA to "make its way into a system" on its own.

It requires several steps to set it up, and your acknowledgment at every step. Its not something that happens as if by magic unless you recently created your Apple ID. Apple IDs created since 2016 or so, will have it turned on by default and cannot be turned off but should not interfere at all with normal usage.

2FA is transparent in every day usage, so if you are having a specific issue with it, perhaps explain what that is, and someone can help you fix it.

Aug 8, 2021 8:50 PM in response to Phil0124

I use the iPhone to monitor employees while I am out in the field - i.e., plan my itinerary efficiently to meet on the go. To have to use the 6 digit code each time I connect on my iPhone to find their phone is horribly inefficient. It is inefficient to the extent that this will be my last Apple phone if this cannot be fixed. These phones do not have credit card information or other sensitive information. This is just simple GPS location. Frankly, for my purposes, this 2FA is a ridiculous Joke that serves no usual purpose in this case. Samsung, here I come for the whole business.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.