You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hide flagged messages

hi

I use flags on emails a lot, to allocate messages to projects so they can be archived later, when the project finishes.

it would be really good if i could look at my inbox (currently 1628 messages) without seeing flagged emails. That way i could see the ones that i haven't flagged, and either allocate them to the appropriate project or delete them.

Is it possible to view only the un-flagged messages?

thanks in advance

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 1:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 6:17 AM

Paul Richards4 wrote:

I hadn't thought of that!
I've just looked and unfortunately there are options to say "message is flagged" or "message has a particular flag" (e.g. urgent), but there is not an option for message has NO flag..

Good try though!

You'd have to make two Smart Mailboxes. One that lists all messages that are flagged, then another where message is not in mailbox "Flagged" smart mailbox. That is the only way to get a "Not" option in Smart Mailboxes where the individual criteria do not have the option.

In the past, there has been some flakiness about that sort of setup, so it may or may not work.

The other option is to sort by flags.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2021 6:17 AM in response to Paul Richards4

Paul Richards4 wrote:

I hadn't thought of that!
I've just looked and unfortunately there are options to say "message is flagged" or "message has a particular flag" (e.g. urgent), but there is not an option for message has NO flag..

Good try though!

You'd have to make two Smart Mailboxes. One that lists all messages that are flagged, then another where message is not in mailbox "Flagged" smart mailbox. That is the only way to get a "Not" option in Smart Mailboxes where the individual criteria do not have the option.

In the past, there has been some flakiness about that sort of setup, so it may or may not work.

The other option is to sort by flags.

Hide flagged messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.