You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Orange tint around my screen

I just realized about an hour ago that I had an orange tint developing on my screen. I haven’t had my phone for that long but I have recently cracked the screen from dropping it. I have an appointment scheduled for tomorrow to get the crack fixed, but now I have developed a new problem and I don’t know how to deal with it.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 8:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 9:28 AM

Hello:) You have cracked the screen and damaged the LCD panel. Taking it in is the correct thing for you to do. Here is some additional info:

For a smoother repair process, back up your iPhone before service. Be sure you know your Apple ID and password.

Learn how to get your iPhone ready for repair

iPhone screen replacement costs in the United States

The repair pricing in this chart applies only to screen damage. If you have any other damage to your iPhone, you'll pay additional costs. If your iPhone is covered by AppleCare+, see the AppleCare+ section.

The out-of-warranty prices apply only to repairs made by Apple. Apple Authorized Service Providers may offer different prices. Your Apple Authorized Service Provider may also offer onsite service for an additional site-visit fee. This additional fee will be waived if your iPhone is covered by AppleCare+.

iPhone 12Screen repair (out of warranty)iPhone 12 Pro Max$ 329iPhone 12 Pro$ 279iPhone 12$ 279iPhone 12 mini$ 229

iPhone 11Screen repair (out of warranty)iPhone 11 Pro Max$ 329

iPhone 11 Pro$ 279

iPhone 11$ 199

iPhone XScreen repair (out of warranty)iPhone XS Max$ 329

iPhone XS$ 279

iPhone X$ 279

iPhone XR$ 199

iPhone 8Screen repair (out of warranty)iPhone 8 Plus$ 169

iPhone 8$ 149

iPhone 7Screen repair (out of warranty)iPhone 7 Plus$ 169

iPhone 7$ 149

iPhone 6Screen repair (out of warranty)iPhone 6s Plus$ 169

iPhone 6s$ 149

iPhone 6 Plus$ 149

iPhone 6$ 129

iPhone SE

Screen repair (out of warranty)iPhone SE (2nd generation)$ 129

iPhone SE$ 129

iPhone 5

Screen repair (out of warranty)iPhone 5s

$ 129

iPhone 5c$ 129

See other iPhone repair pricing

All fees are in US dollars and are subject to tax. A $ 6.95 shipping fee will be added if we need to ship your iPhone and it isn’t covered under warranty or an AppleCare+ plan. Accidental damage isn't covered by the Apple warranty. If your screen fails due to a manufacturing issue, it may be covered by the Apple warranty, an AppleCare+ plan, or consumer law.

Is your iPhone covered by AppleCare+?

If you have an AppleCare+ plan, you can use it to cover screen repair. AppleCare+ gives you expert technical support and hardware coverage from Apple, including accidental damage protection. Each incident of accidental damage is subject to a service fee or deductible, depending on your plan. If you don't have an AppleCare+ plan, you'll pay the out-of-warranty fee.

If your device is covered by AppleCare+ and you request onsite service, the additional onsite visit fee will be waived.

iPhone modelScreen repair

(AppleCare+ service fee)All eligible iPhone models$ 29Additional on-site visit fee (waived)$

~Katana-San~

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2021 9:28 AM in response to addy281

Hello:) You have cracked the screen and damaged the LCD panel. Taking it in is the correct thing for you to do. Here is some additional info:

For a smoother repair process, back up your iPhone before service. Be sure you know your Apple ID and password.

Learn how to get your iPhone ready for repair

iPhone screen replacement costs in the United States

The repair pricing in this chart applies only to screen damage. If you have any other damage to your iPhone, you'll pay additional costs. If your iPhone is covered by AppleCare+, see the AppleCare+ section.

The out-of-warranty prices apply only to repairs made by Apple. Apple Authorized Service Providers may offer different prices. Your Apple Authorized Service Provider may also offer onsite service for an additional site-visit fee. This additional fee will be waived if your iPhone is covered by AppleCare+.

iPhone 12Screen repair (out of warranty)iPhone 12 Pro Max$ 329iPhone 12 Pro$ 279iPhone 12$ 279iPhone 12 mini$ 229

iPhone 11Screen repair (out of warranty)iPhone 11 Pro Max$ 329

iPhone 11 Pro$ 279

iPhone 11$ 199

iPhone XScreen repair (out of warranty)iPhone XS Max$ 329

iPhone XS$ 279

iPhone X$ 279

iPhone XR$ 199

iPhone 8Screen repair (out of warranty)iPhone 8 Plus$ 169

iPhone 8$ 149

iPhone 7Screen repair (out of warranty)iPhone 7 Plus$ 169

iPhone 7$ 149

iPhone 6Screen repair (out of warranty)iPhone 6s Plus$ 169

iPhone 6s$ 149

iPhone 6 Plus$ 149

iPhone 6$ 129

iPhone SE

Screen repair (out of warranty)iPhone SE (2nd generation)$ 129

iPhone SE$ 129

iPhone 5

Screen repair (out of warranty)iPhone 5s

$ 129

iPhone 5c$ 129

See other iPhone repair pricing

All fees are in US dollars and are subject to tax. A $ 6.95 shipping fee will be added if we need to ship your iPhone and it isn’t covered under warranty or an AppleCare+ plan. Accidental damage isn't covered by the Apple warranty. If your screen fails due to a manufacturing issue, it may be covered by the Apple warranty, an AppleCare+ plan, or consumer law.

Is your iPhone covered by AppleCare+?

If you have an AppleCare+ plan, you can use it to cover screen repair. AppleCare+ gives you expert technical support and hardware coverage from Apple, including accidental damage protection. Each incident of accidental damage is subject to a service fee or deductible, depending on your plan. If you don't have an AppleCare+ plan, you'll pay the out-of-warranty fee.

If your device is covered by AppleCare+ and you request onsite service, the additional onsite visit fee will be waived.

iPhone modelScreen repair

(AppleCare+ service fee)All eligible iPhone models$ 29Additional on-site visit fee (waived)$

~Katana-San~

Aug 6, 2021 9:58 AM in response to addy281

You might have night shift on. Night shift eliminates blue light from the display by making the colors "Warmer" (colors like red and orange tints are added) to help you sleep better at night. It is recommend for night use. Seeing blue light right before bed can trick our bodies into thinking its still daytime.

Learn more here: Use Night Shift on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Aug 6, 2021 10:28 AM in response to addy281

You should also get a screen protector. Screen protectors are ment to go over your over your phone screen so when you drop your phone, the screen protector cracks intend of the screen. According to Wikipedia: "Screen protectors are made of either plastics, such as polyethylene terephthalate (PET) or thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), or of laminated tempered glass, similar to the device’s original screen they are meant to protect."

Orange tint around my screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.