You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade subscription

Upgrade my HBO max subscription why should I have to pay 14.99 when I just payed 9.99 shouldn’t I just have to pay the extra $5?

FireTVStick(Gen2),

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 6:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 7:44 PM

HBO through Apple TV app Channels has been discontinued.

HBO officially ending its Apple TV app Channel, prompting users to migrate to HBO Max - Apple Insider

HBO Max is now

• $9.99 with ads, HD max.
  • $14.99 ad-free, 4K max.
  • When you accept the migration offer, then there is a 3 months discount (ad-free for 9.99) for the HBO Max app on Apple devices. I doubt that Fire TV qualifies, as that doesn’t go through the Apple eco system, and subscriptions on your Apple ID account may not be valid there.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2021 7:44 PM in response to dylon242

HBO through Apple TV app Channels has been discontinued.

HBO officially ending its Apple TV app Channel, prompting users to migrate to HBO Max - Apple Insider

HBO Max is now

• $9.99 with ads, HD max.
  • $14.99 ad-free, 4K max.
  • When you accept the migration offer, then there is a 3 months discount (ad-free for 9.99) for the HBO Max app on Apple devices. I doubt that Fire TV qualifies, as that doesn’t go through the Apple eco system, and subscriptions on your Apple ID account may not be valid there.

Upgrade subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.