You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Caps Lock freezes the Macbook pro

Whenever i press the Caps Lock button , my Macbook Pro freezes for 5-6 seconds.

It stared happening after the 11.5 update.

Please help me out.

My Macbook Details : Macbook Pro - 13" with Touch Bar (Intel, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 6:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 9:35 AM

Yes, it is common. It's been happening since at least 2018. I run a MacBook Pro 13" 2020 and this is the most ridiculous bug to have at this stage of Mac's OS development. It should never (and it just happened so I'll Bold "never") have been a feature so why can't Apple just go back to the Caps Lock not being delayed? As someone pointed out in a comment thread somewhere, delaying the Caps Lock is for low-level typists; it shouldn't be the default, it should be an accessibility feature.

So why have you put this off on the user when it's clearly the programming?

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 13, 2021 9:35 AM in response to CT

Yes, it is common. It's been happening since at least 2018. I run a MacBook Pro 13" 2020 and this is the most ridiculous bug to have at this stage of Mac's OS development. It should never (and it just happened so I'll Bold "never") have been a feature so why can't Apple just go back to the Caps Lock not being delayed? As someone pointed out in a comment thread somewhere, delaying the Caps Lock is for low-level typists; it shouldn't be the default, it should be an accessibility feature.

So why have you put this off on the user when it's clearly the programming?

Aug 7, 2021 7:21 AM in response to divas29

This problem appears to be common. It is possible that there is a problem with 11.5.1 or a conflict with third party software. Standard troubleshooting:

Does this occur for a different user, e.g., Guest ?

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-up-other-users-on-your-mac-mtusr001/mac

Does this occur after starting up in Safe Mode

Consider the possibility of a third party software conflict.  EtreCheck can be used to investigate what is installed.  Give it Full Disk Access. You can post the report here. Someone might spot something.

Aug 16, 2021 9:28 AM in response to divas29

divas29 wrote:

Whenever i press the Caps Lock button , my Macbook Pro freezes for 5-6 seconds.
It stared happening after the 11.5 update.

Please help me out.

My Macbook Details : Macbook Pro - 13" with Touch Bar (Intel, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Is your macOS current ...does not appear to be

The macOS 11.5.2 has resolved this issue for many

Caps Lock freezes the Macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.