You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new m1 stuck on big sur update

So I have a new MacBook Pro stuck on the Big Sur update. 6 hours. Turned it off, turned it on, still stuck.

Can anyone give me any other advice?

Or do I just take it to a shop tomorrow?

Thank you!

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 2:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 2:31 AM

If this "Stuck " is during the installation process - suggest shut down by whatever means required including the Power Button. Disconnect any external devices and connect to charger.

Start up your Mac in safe mode and it will do a Repair Disk, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and Fonts. So, it will load slowly - normal.

This may or may not allow the update process to complete successfully.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 8, 2021 2:31 AM in response to lisacj_

If this "Stuck " is during the installation process - suggest shut down by whatever means required including the Power Button. Disconnect any external devices and connect to charger.

Start up your Mac in safe mode and it will do a Repair Disk, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and Fonts. So, it will load slowly - normal.

This may or may not allow the update process to complete successfully.

new m1 stuck on big sur update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.