You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental Controls: Not getting updates/requests

Hi there,

My kid's iphone is connected to my "family sharing"; and his age is correct, while I am a parent/guardian.

I've already turned screen time off and on (on his phone) and even tried to reset his settings, and nothing doing. When I make adjustments to his screen time (from my computer or from my iphone) they don't update on his phone - but his apple ID is correct, both in family sharing, as well as on his phone.

Any help would be super appreciated

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 11:45 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 10, 2021 9:32 AM in response to MVegas21

Hi MVegas,

Thanks for being willing to give a hand.

So:

1. All 5 apple devices are up to date (1 child device, 3 organizer (same apple ID) devices, 1 adult (other apple id) device)
  2. All devices have been signed in and out, and have been shut down and restarted; connected to different networks as well.
  3. No other devices are managed (only 1 child device)
    1. Screen time on the child device works, screen time on the adult devices work; but not the child device reporting
  4. Additionally - child device has a unique "profile pic"
    1. Does not display on organizer devices, only displays child initials
    2. DOES display unique "profile pic" on adult device
  5. Screen time reports on
    1. adult device
    2. one organizer device (NOT the other two) - all on the same network w/ same apple ID
  6. App purchase requests are sporadic - some go through to one organizer device or the other adult device, but sometimes, not always

Aug 10, 2021 9:01 AM in response to Amielb

Hi there Amielb,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand that Screen Time settings aren't updating, so we'd like to see how we can help. If you haven't done so already, restart all of your devices. Sometimes this simple step can resolve unexpected behavior. If you've already restarted them or if that step doesn't help, try connecting the iPhone in question to a different network.

If the issue persists make sure all the devices are running the lates OS versions:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update macOS on Mac

Reply to this message with the answers to these questions if you need more help:

• Do you manage restrictions on any other devices? If so, do the settings update on those devices?
  • Has this feature ever worked with this device?

Take care.

Parental Controls: Not getting updates/requests

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.