You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iPhone

I was laying down on my bed when I got the same message pop up saying that basically said someone was using find my IPhone when I was holding it. Does this mean someone stole my info? Can they track me?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 11:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 11:40 PM

CtrlYoda Said:

"Find my iPhone: I was laying down on my bed when I got the same message pop up saying that basically said someone was using find my IPhone when I was holding it. Does this mean someone stole my info? Can they track me?"

-------

Report this Scam:

Is this an eMail or a Text Message? If so, then it is a scam, and you should report it to Apple: Take a screenshot of it, and email it to Apple. Find out here how to do so: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - User Tip

Being suspicious, perform the following:

A. See your Devices:

See where you are signed in.  Go Here: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

and...

B. Modify your Credentials:

If something does not look familiar, then consider modifying your credentials, for Security & Privacy concerns, starting with a new password. Here is how it would work with Apple:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2021 11:40 PM in response to CtrlYoda

CtrlYoda Said:

"Find my iPhone: I was laying down on my bed when I got the same message pop up saying that basically said someone was using find my IPhone when I was holding it. Does this mean someone stole my info? Can they track me?"

-------

Report this Scam:

Is this an eMail or a Text Message? If so, then it is a scam, and you should report it to Apple: Take a screenshot of it, and email it to Apple. Find out here how to do so: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - User Tip

Being suspicious, perform the following:

A. See your Devices:

See where you are signed in.  Go Here: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

and...

B. Modify your Credentials:

If something does not look familiar, then consider modifying your credentials, for Security & Privacy concerns, starting with a new password. Here is how it would work with Apple:

Find my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.