You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

accessing netflix via the apple tv app on my sony smart tv no longer allows me to access shows other than movies. worked ok until about a month ago.

accessing netflix via the apple tv app on my sony smart tv no longer allows me to access shows other than movies. worked ok until about a month ago. As professor Julius Sumner Miller says, Why is it so?? and how do i fix it. shows and movies are available if i dont go thru the apple tv app.

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 1:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 5:44 AM

What is your model Apple TV box? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

For the newer models, try this for any misbehaving app:

… all the other shows are just grey boxes.

Does it appear to be just missing artwork, or is it not accessible at all?

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 11, 2021 5:44 AM in response to notthenerd

What is your model Apple TV box? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

For the newer models, try this for any misbehaving app:

… all the other shows are just grey boxes.

Does it appear to be just missing artwork, or is it not accessible at all?

Aug 10, 2021 6:12 AM in response to notthenerd

With the Apple TV app on your smart TV, you can access:

That does not include Netflix. Netflix requires its own app.

Please be aware of the differences between the Apple TV app and the Apple TV box:

Apple TV app vs. Apple TV box - Apple Community

as the app does not replace the box.

Aug 10, 2021 11:32 PM in response to Urquhart1244

my bad - its the apple tv box that then displays the netflix app on the smart tv when using our multi device remote. i activate the smart tv via the remote thru the apple tv box, then click on the netflix app. Thats when the problems now start as i can only get movies now, all the other shows are just grey boxes. no error codes just nothing happining, unless i want one of the movies. ive recycled the box, the tv etc, and signed out/in to netflix but no change. very wierd.

any help in resolving this would be ap[preciated as netflix and apple and iinet all say its someone elses fault, not us they say!!!

thank you

notthenerd

accessing netflix via the apple tv app on my sony smart tv no longer allows me to access shows other than movies. worked ok until about a month ago.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.