You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up an old game to a new Iphone

Hello, can anyone help me with figuring out the best way to back up an old game from a 5s phone into my new one? The app for it is no longer in the Itunes store, meaning that backing it up is my only option if I ever wanna play it again. I have icloud all set up for for both my phones, but I still don't see it anywhere on the new phone. If anyone has ideas, please let me know.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 10:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 2:56 PM

SuperWeirdo13 wrote:

Hello, can anyone help me with figuring out the best way to back up an old game from a 5s phone into my new one? The app for it is no longer in the Itunes store, meaning that backing it up is my only option if I ever wanna play it again. I have icloud all set up for for both my phones, but I still don't see it anywhere on the new phone. If anyone has ideas, please let me know.

App data is part of the icloud or itunes backup.

I going to assume you don't see said app anymore in the app store because the developer hasn't updated it from 32 to 64 bit.

If that is true you won't be able to use the app on your new phone until the developer updates it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2021 2:56 PM in response to SuperWeirdo13

SuperWeirdo13 wrote:

App data is part of the icloud or itunes backup.

I going to assume you don't see said app anymore in the app store because the developer hasn't updated it from 32 to 64 bit.

If that is true you won't be able to use the app on your new phone until the developer updates it.

Backing up an old game to a new Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.