You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freeing up iCloud storage

I'm currently on an iCloud storage plan for 50 GB, but my iCloud storage is full now. I've deleted probably close to 4,000 photos at this point ( and made sure to go to recently deleted and delete them a second time so they are really deleted ) but whenever I go back to check my storage, it's still the same and seems to be that even though I deleted so many photos and videos it didn't free up any storage. Is there something I can do to free up more storage, besides upgrading my storage plan ( which id prefer not to do )?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 4:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 7:19 PM

First, make sure you are really talking about iCloud storage. People may see "storage full" and sometimes it is really iPhone storage.

Click on this link to read how to 'Manage your iCloud storage' --> https://support.apple.com/HT204247 - including seeing how much storage you have and how to delete items stored in iCloud such as backups, photos, files, mail, messages and voice memos.

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2021 7:19 PM in response to MilkChocolate

First, make sure you are really talking about iCloud storage. People may see "storage full" and sometimes it is really iPhone storage.

Click on this link to read how to 'Manage your iCloud storage' --> https://support.apple.com/HT204247 - including seeing how much storage you have and how to delete items stored in iCloud such as backups, photos, files, mail, messages and voice memos.

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

Freeing up iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.