You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule was previously part of this network error Bridge Mode

Hello, I've been using an AirPort Time Capsule for about a month now. I setup the device in bridge mode and use it for network backups and as a ethernet switch for my media console. It works perfectly fine, I can still make backups to it and the ethernet ports are fully functional. For some reason though, I can no longer manage the Time Capsule.

If I fire up AirPort utility I can see that the Time Capsule is connected, but I can't view any of its settings and I eventually get an error that says: "Device not found. Airport Time Capsule was previously part of your network. Check that it is still in range of your network and is plugged into a power outlet. Forgetting this device removes it from your network."

Here is a screen cap of what I see in AirPort Utility: https://imgur.com/a/frcXUcR

My router is a Linksys WRT1200AC, the Time Capsule is seen correctly by my router and both my Macs and my gaming desktop can see/access the Time Capsule on the network so the problem does not appear to be hardware related.

Airport Time Capsule 802.11ac Gen1

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 8:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 9:07 PM

I solved the issue, I believe the Time Capsule was frozen to some degree on the firmware level. I unplugged it and allowed the device to reboot, once it did I was able to successfully login and manage the Time Capsule.

I assume there was an issue with the firmware because I attempted to reset the device and nothing happened. I won't try a reset again since it's working now.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2021 9:07 PM in response to Dr_Macintosh

I solved the issue, I believe the Time Capsule was frozen to some degree on the firmware level. I unplugged it and allowed the device to reboot, once it did I was able to successfully login and manage the Time Capsule.

I assume there was an issue with the firmware because I attempted to reset the device and nothing happened. I won't try a reset again since it's working now.

Time Capsule was previously part of this network error Bridge Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.